So I have no idea how to navigate this blog/site. I’m so torn about why I even want to blog, or if I even do want to blog. We’ll see. I’ve been reading a lot of blogs in the past few months. This isn’t something I ever used to do. Some interest me because they are people I know, care about, and respect. Others, I just came across and appreciated the content. I also enjoy hot topics and the “heated” discussions they can lead to. This isn’t always a good thing, but I do enjoy some healthy bantering. However, I tend to get tired of hearing people different beliefs and thoughts on different topics and issues. I don’t want my blog to mimic another’s. Part of me just wants to sit down and write whatever comes to mind on a given day. I’m not generally an organized person, so this is usually how I roll. Maybe that’s what this will be for now.
Some things you may want to know about me, the author of this site:
1. I’m 25 and an only child.
2. I am in my first serious dating relationship. I’m sure that will come up in some of my writing.
3. I like coffee, but not the kind with a bunch of sweet stuff added, just coffee and cream. I am a barista….baby. ;)
4. I have a new found love for dogs, although I don’t think I’m responsible enough to have one of my own. However, I have become a dog sitter of sorts.
5. I lived in France for about 9 months last year.
6. I want to love Jesus. I try to follow Him. He is what I want my life to be about. Of course this will reflect in my writing.
7. I’m drawn to people who do NOT share my beliefs. Life is more interesting that way.
8. I’m lazy. I wish I weren’t, but the first step towards change is confession, right?
9. I’m trying to get in shape and be a healthy person. This is not easy. (esp. when I’m lazy)
10. I’m becoming a home-body, but do like adventures.
That’s enough for now. It’s Valentine’s Day. I found this quote interesting…thoughts?:
“It is easier to be enthusiastic about Humanity with a capital “H” than it is to love individual men and women, especially those who are uninteresting, exasperating, depraved, or otherwise unattractive. Loving everybody in general may be an excuse for loving nobody in particular” – C.S. Lewis